Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Shades of Green and Purple

That is exactly how the living room tv screen looks right now. With the exception of the middle 1/9th of the screen. One (or more) of the colour tubes in the tv must have busted. So the person appearing right in the middle of the tv screen looks normal... surrounded by purple aliens from Star Trek. Watching MTV is much cooler, though. The music videos now have an artistic, psychedelic look. :P

Somehow the combination of green and purple reminds me of Barney the Purple Dinosaur. I hate Barney. He's so un-cute and totally overrated. Why watch Barney when there's Sesame Street?

Why am I wasting my time writing about a fake dinosaur that I do not like? Weird.

Anyway, life has been good so far. I finally stopped being anal about my results, for starters. :P It IS good after all. (Thanks for the comforting words, peeps!) Kicking ball, rollercoaster rides, good play and movies, just listening to a CD and NOT studying simultaneously... things have slowed down big time. And I like that.

'Then' (1 month ago) in italics. 'Now' in regular font.

0700
Rise and shine! I can't sleep anymore... That's a beautiful sunrise. Do I want nasi lemak for lunch today? If yes, then I should go down to buy soon... maybe I can have some karipap for breakfast. Which notes should I study today?...

Zzzzzzz....

0900
Ooh, Sesame Street is on now! *switches on to TV3 and proceeds to be amused*

Zzzzzzz....

1100
Aiyah, hungry lah... why didn't I go buy nasi lemak just now? Oh yeah. I got sick of it. Is San San buying food from The Rooftop later? Has she left? "San Saannn!! What are you eating for lunch later?" Nevermind. Finish this lecture note first. Eat at 1200.

Hmm... I wonder what's on tv today. Hahah... that's funny! I just love the comics section... tralala. Shit, did Michael Jackson really do those things to that boy? Sicko Jacko.

1200
Gobble, gobble, gobble.

Gobble, gobble, gobble.

1500
Zzzzzzz....

Zzzzzzz.... (sometimes)

1700
Why am I reading so slowly? Focus, YK, FOCUSSS!!! This is, what, just the 4th lecture note you've covered for the day. Slow-nye... SIGH. I need a break. *proceeds to eat tau fu fah*

Ooh, the Filipino soap is on now!

1900
Gobble, gobble, gobble. Yak, yak, yak with housemates.

Gobble, gobble, gobble. More tv. Hehe.

2100
Okay, let's try to finish these lecture notes by 12am.

Any chill out activity-- tv, music, writing, reading (fiction, mind you. Thanks for the Hitchhiker's Guide omnibus, Raj!).

2300
Screw these lecture notes. I'll continue tomorrow. It's not like they're going into my head anyway. I'm too sleepy. Zzzzzz....

Chill out activity continues. Until I'm sleepy. Which is much later than 2300. ;)

This is the life, man. I shouldn't slack too much though... wouldn't want my brain to suddenly become alien to studying due to lack of use. That would be disastrous. The horrors! (once a nerd, always a nerd.. that's me. :P)

But later-lah. Now I shall enjoy every bit of my hols and do as much non-medical things as possible so that I won't look back and experience regret once I graduate as a doctor. Experiencing life in shades of green and purple... whatever that means. I'm just trying to sound deep but I obviously don't. :P

Toodles!

1 Comments:
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Rajinder said...

Woohoo!!! raKoon mentioned me!! woohoo!! hehehehehe
:D
Enjoy the book. The movie's due out this year. The teaser trailer is already at Yahoo! Movies.
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home