Sunday, October 10, 2004

Post Sept-27

Well, the euphoria has died down, and it was back down to earth after the gold medal high...

***
Haematology Assessment was a killer. Initially I was very angry with the course coordinator for “deliberately wanting to fail us all” but his reply (“That’s Haematology for you.”) made sense. It’s my own fault that I couldn’t adapt to the system in time. Oh well, I’ll just have to keep my chin up and move forward, and focus on the dreaded End of Semester exam, which is looming closer. Hopefully we’ll all survive the bloody carnage. At least pass. ;)

***
“If you all really win the gold medal, I will really belanja you all makan in Chili’s.” -- Coachie

So it was off to Chili’s KLCC after the Haemato nightmare to engage in some merriment and drown our sorrows. I ordered the Country-Fried Chicken. Big mistake. It was nothing but overpriced KFC. It was so bland, no amount of black pepper, chili sauce and tabasco sauce could rescue it (believe me, I tried). I ate only half of it and passed the rest to Coachie. Me, the chicken lover could not finish a chicken dish. I think that says something.

It was a terrible case of ‘I-wish-I-ordered-what-you-have’ as I sampled the other chicken dishes... and they were delicious. SIGH. :P We treated Coachie and Assistant Coach at the very end, btw.

***
Life's been pretty hectic nowadays. Cheerleading competition is on this Friday and we've been practicing a lot. And because of that, I always end up tired at the end of the day and I could not study much...

... which led to me becoming a total idiot during my CSU (practical skills) practice session the other day. My palpation technique was out but I anticipated that already, acknowledging the fact that I'm pretty slow in the motor skills dept. But usually I'll feel alright because I could always rely on my brains to answer intelligently the questions asked. Not that day. My mind was a total blank because I really did not read up AT ALL. I couldn't find the time and energy to do so. I felt so low and stupid. And I HATE feeling stupid. Luckily, the lecturer gave me face and did not yell at me or call me a 'stupid idiot' like some other lecturers are known to do... Had he done so, I most probably would've turned on the tap on the spot. That would've been pretty embarassing, I reckon...

I love dancing and cheering, but I love feeling smart even more. I can't wait till this Friday. Then I can get back to my routine of studying, daydreaming, playing futsal, etc which I dearly miss.

I need a break. And I don't mean a Kit Kat.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'll keep that in mind.

***
Good luck for football on Monday, boys! You guys are destined to be champions AGAIN! ;)

Adieu.


1 Comments:
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do agree that haematology is never easy. It takes time to get used to it. It the most insignificant and yet the most significant of all systems. You are good. Let no one tell you otherwise.
I am sure the lecturer knows well that you will turn on the tap should he scold you. He will push you to the limit but never will break you down. It is not in him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home