Sunday, January 16, 2005

Pride & Prejudice

1. Is the title of one of the most well-known works of Jane Austen. Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy.

2. Is the name of the BBC miniseries based on the book of the same title. Colin Firth acted as Mr Darcy in that miniseries. He also acted as Mark Darcy in 'Bridget Jones's Diary' and 'Bridget Jones:The Edge of Reason.' Just to digress a lil bit here, Mark Darcy in the movies was the man. Swoon. Go watch the sequel! If you love the first movie, you'll enjoy this even more! Okay. Anyway, it's so funny 'cos in the first Helen Fielding book, Bridget swoons and fantasizes after Colin Firth in the BBC miniseries. And in the silver screen version, the very same Colin Firth acts as the man in her life, Mark Darcy. And both characters share the same last name: Darcy. Funny.

3. Are the reasons why I initially wasn't happy with my results. I wrote this before: "I don't know how well I'll do, but whatever it is, I will accept it and be happy with it because I have already given my best. " I'm not a bloody hypocrite, so yeah, I shall be happy with them. Maybe this results was what I needed. I think I was probably getting a bit 'fat-headed.' Oh well. Every day is a life's lesson...

Soon I'll be watching 'Bride & Prejudice' (starring Aishwarya Rai) on vcd, which is the Bollywood version of 'Pride & Prejudice'! Tata!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home