Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Some Kinda Bliss

Bliss is... celebrating your 21st birthday with your friends, laughing and enjoying ourselves (oh, I could tell that they sure were REALLY having a jolly good time... ) and basically, feeling loved. :) Thanks, y'all!

Bliss is... listening to good music. I went to watch The Bourne Supremacy with a bunch of friends the other night. It was a midnight show and I was incredibly sleepy but I managed to keep awake due its awesome soundtrack, especially during the exciting car-chase scenes. It's somewhat a fusion of orchestral and trance music. It was so good, I was actually tapping my feet while watching the movie. I feel like watching the movie again just for the music. Or I could just buy the soundtrack.

I truly enjoy studying with a music accompaniment. Especially at night, and I'll pop my Jamie Cullum / John Mayer / Switchfoot / Animatrix OST / Ash CD into the player, depending on my mood. Which is one of the reasons why I much prefer studying at home rather than the dreary, depressing, stress-inducing library. My CD collection is always within reach. If you're studying till late at night, Ash's Nocturne or any jazz standards definitely sets the mode.

Bliss is... just hanging out with old friends at home, chatting and catching up with each others' lives. Bonds of friendship are strengthened this way, especially when our life paths are slowly diverging further and further apart.

Bliss is... being able to come home and study properly instead of feeling tired and my head all woolly. Yay! (Yes, I'm a certified nerd and I'm proud of it. ;) )

Bliss is... giving a great performance to the batchmates who had spent their precious time to watch and support us cheerleaders doing our stuff on Friday night (thanks again, peeps!). Though we did not win (and we all know why), it was fun dancing and cheering our hearts out for y'all. It was definitely a memorable experience.

Bliss is... taking and having faith on a good advice, and slowly seeing how the advice is/had actually helping/helped me through trying times.

Bliss is... KNOWING that you are never alone in life.

Bliss is... appreciating the arts and literature. I managed to catch the 2nd half of William Shakespeare's Love's Labour's Lost on tv the other night. And oh, the dialogue was beautiful. And the movie adaptation was set in the 1930s so there were musical bits in between, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers sing-and-dance style. The acting by Kenneth Branagh was wonderful. No wonder he's such a respected actor in the Royal Shakespeare Company.

I was introduced to works of the Bard by my very first love, the television. Trevor Nunn's movie adaptation of Twelfth Night (starring Imogen Stubbs, Helena Bonham Carter, Toby Stephens, Ben Kingsley...) was brilliant. I also heard this musical rendition of Shakespeare's Sonnet No. 18 by Brian Ferry which is, simply put, beautiful (it is in the Diana, Princess of Wales Tribute CD). Download it to listen for yourself. I'm sure you'll agree.

I wish I have the gift of words, the talent to write prose that would reach people the way Shakespeare's did. But oh well. I guess this blog would just have to do. ;P

But I honestly agree, that the pen, a small and simple instrument, is definitely mightier than the sword. A sword could bring change through damage, but a pen is a subtle yet much more powerful tool than anyone can imagine. A pen could bring change... and touch hearts. ;)

Farewell.

3 Comments:
At 11:30 AM, Blogger Sheena said...

I guess Sani DID have a point when he said that the pen was the most wonderful gadget.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger EH said...

You HAVE a gift of words!!!

 
At 11:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bliss is... never ever needing to find out what it is.

-kenJ

(PS so mafan to post comments leh)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home