Sunday, September 02, 2007

Break

I've had plenty of holidays before in the past, but I've never truly taken a break. Sometimes, when the holidays are too long, I get what I coined myself as the 'Holiday Blues'. I'm halfway through my summer hols now, another 4 more weeks to go... and currently I've been experiencing this entire week what I dub as a break. No multiple different thoughts whizzing through my head like a flying circus, no restlessness within my soul. Just plain existentialism in my solitude. I feel as though I'm really taking a break from life right now, a break from Medicine and everything else. I'm floating about as an observer of my life, taking stock of all my life's experience, trying to make sense of them all as I try to find out who I was, and who I have become as I eat, sleep and attempt to re-read the entire Harry Potter series everyday.

It's weird, I must admit. This had never happened before. But it's been great. This holiday has proven to be a better respite than I've imagined it would be.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to float about in my little bubble again before it pops in my flight back to London due to cabin pressure.

1 Comments:
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home