Sunday, June 18, 2006

10 Life's Simple Pleasures

Got tagged by Zen and so I shall respond. Yes, it certainly is something different from the usual lab work. ;)

And here is, my list of

10 Life's Simple PLeasures

1. PLaying Futsal. Had a bad day? Need a break? Need to release stress? Bored to bits? Futsal is the solution. Funny how a certified couch potato like myself would actually fall in love with a sport which actually involved running and sweating. I miss the team, I miss the bonding on and off the pitch, and dammit, I miss the endorphin release after each game! Such great high after each session, especially those night games. Always slept like a baby after that. :)

2. Hoegaarden and my fellow Hoegaarden fans (or Pink Pelican ;P). It doesn't matter if it's 3pm or 9pm. Anytime is Hoegaarden time. Muahaha. Chilling, talking rubbish, laughing like crazy people over the stupidest things, with ice-cold Hoegaarden... these are what memories are made of. Mao visit Halifax!!! ;)

3. Stoning in my room with great music blasting from my speakers. There is freedom in losing yourself in music. From Radiohead to Ashlee Simpson to 80s pop music... as Missy Elliot put it, "Music makes me lose control."

4. Having conversations. It feels great to exchange thoughts and feelings and laughter with people whom you love and share an understanding with. It also feels good to get to know people better, people whom you don't usually talk to and find out something about their lives, about what makes them tick (or not). Everyone has his/her own life story, and I find them fascinating.

5. Watching a good movie. Anything that could make me laugh/cry/laugh AND cry (hehe)/think. From the stupid (Eurotrip, Dude, Where's My Car?, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle) to 80s teen movies (The Breakfast Club, Say Anything) to the arthouse (Cinema Paradiso) to Fight Club... I must say, I really love movies.

6. Reading a good book. Books have the power to educate and influence. Knowledge is power. Imagination makes life more interesting. Ideas empower. Without books and literacy, one could not progress.

7. Writing in my journal. There always something soothing and cathartic about jotting your thoughts and feelings and sorting them out on paper. It helps give perspective and unclutter your mind.

8. Having a great meal. There's nothing better than to feel gastronomically satisfied. I'm sure many of you would agree. ;) Nasi lemak ayam goreng, nasi kandar, nasi belauk, delicious Thai delicacies... yum yum. Definitely gonna miss M'sian food when I leave. *BURP!* :p

9. Singing in the shower at the top of my lungs. Nothing beats the acoustics in the bathroom, people. Great way to release stress too, hehe.

10. Laguna Beach/The Hills/The O.C./House MD/Lost/American Idol. I love American television. Muahaha.

As thus ends my top 10 list. And now I shall tag:

a) Zhi Yi
b) Choon Seng
c) Adlina
d) Ken Jay
e) Ken Lin

Alright, ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home