Thursday, June 15, 2006

Spanish Regret

The one night I could catch one of my favourite teams at a normal hour, I just had to feel tired.

My mother knew I was tired.

Spain vs Ukraine was on last night at 9.00pm. Pretty early. My mother's Korean drama series was scheduled at 9.30pm.

I could watch the match if I wanted to. But remember, I was tired. And my mother knew. And she oh-so-subtly (NOT!) suggested that I should go to bed since I was feeling very tired and all. Oooh, I knew she wanted to watch her Korean drama fix.

So I decided to not watch the match. Because I WAS tired. And because I love my mother (see, I'm such a filial daughter).

This morning, I found out that Spain whooped Ukraine's ass 4-0. I only managed to catch one of the goals (Torres) during the match highlights before work. It was lovely. And I missed it, not to mention 3 other goals before that.

I love my mother. But World Cup is only once in 4 years.

No more skipping 'live' matches with my favourite teams. SIGH. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home