Saturday, April 01, 2006

Something New & Pleasant

A Voltaire (French philosopher) quote goes like this: "If we don't find anything pleasant, at least we shall find something new."

This week has been interesting. I have signed up for two completely different things spontaneously without much reason, except for the fact that I somehow felt compelled to do so. Having tried out these two activities, I am proud to say that I have had no regrets.

I could see myself embracing Activity #1 as a part of my life, like how Futsal was. It's great to be part of a club again, and to reconnect with my body.

As for Activity #2, which actually involved singing (one of my favourite past-times), it didn't turn out perfect. It was, however, a thoroughly enjoyable and learning experience. Something pleasantly unexpected came out of it. And I had a fantastic time reconnecting with an old and a not-so-new friend. :)

I guess trying out new stuff ain't that bad after all.

1 Comments:
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never knew the writer side of you until now. And all I can say is... wow. To think you've been doing this for years. Hope you don't mind I linked you. Smile always.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home