Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Lost In Transit

Life is a journey. Yes, pretty cliched, but true. It moves on, day after day, without any delay. When it no longer does, it has then finally reached the destination also known as Death.

Sometimes, you work hard to reach a certain place in life. You work so hard, every day without fail. Highly motivated, you work.

Once you've reached there, happiness ensues. A sense of job well-done and satisfaction.

And then complacency sets in.

One feeling that could be as bad as failure would be apathy. With failure, at least you could be driven to work harder. But with apathy, you just don't care.

I was lost in transit for a while. I was going through the motions, but my heart was not in it. Somehow, I just lost interest. I could still remember the underlying motivation of everything, yet it still was not enough to spur me into action. Call it the laziness inertia or something. I was not doing things because I want and like to; I was doing it out of fear of failure. The train was slowly moving on, but I was still in the dark. It could only wait for so long.

Lucky for me, help came unexpectedly. A flicker of light shone dimly in the distance. It was small, and tiny, but it was still light, nevertheless. At last, a goal to achieve. Suddenly everything mattered now. It's both cool and scary to observe everything random (or so I thought) slowly falling into place.

I can see better now.

Time to pack my bags and get on this train headed to a new destination. I don't know what it holds, but I'm excited. And I'm determined to get there.

Watch this space. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home