Thursday, March 03, 2005

Claire The Loon

It's funny how music could invoke emotions buried deep within ourselves. How certain words and/or a simple melody could just lift your spirits... or make you weep like a baby. But when a person is a feeling down, and has dark clouds swirling about in his/her, it's almost magical how a beautifully arranged musical notes could help cast some light in that darkness.
Ever heard of Debussy's Claire de Lune? I'm no classical music connoisseur, but this is quite a famous piece that's always included in classical music compilations. :P Anyway, I was thinking through some stuff the other night, and I was feeling pretty melancholic. And slowly getting depressed. Teetering on the edge bitterness. And suddenly this hauntingly simple, sweet melody popped into my head, mysteriously triggered. I heard it clearly as though someone was playing it on the piano next to where I was.
I've heard it many times before and I've always liked it. It was... nice. But that particular night, while I was remembering the melody, I was moved by how beautiful it was. I could almost see the clear moon, with its reflection on the calm surface of a lake, in the dark night sky. It was also a reflection of calmness and peace.
All this time I had listened to it, I guess I never listened properly. Or perhaps it just was not the right time.
And I realised that life ain't so bad after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home